Please note: We keep silver tubes in stock (other colours available to order 4-8 week lead time)
EVP Silicone Charge/Intake Tubes
- Improved intake flow of tuned vehicles.
- The OEM plastic charge tube does not have a positive seal and will leak at the throttle body and turbo discharge.
- Silicone provides a near perfect seal.
- Our charge tube has been burst tested to over 80 PSI and absolutely will not split due to heat or high boost.
- The tubes have a port for the map sensor, BOV and an extra port for a boost gauge
- Some models upplied with T Bolt Clamps (If not already OEM fitted)
- Unlike cheap imitations, the EVP Silicone Charge tube is a 4 layer, high durometer design which resists swelling at high boost pressures.
- Intake tubes will not collapse under vacuum like OEM tubes
Why Silicone over Aluminum?
EVP reinforced silicone charge tubes are stronger than typical thin wall aluminum tubes. Our charge tubes are burst tested to over 80 PSI without failure. Silicone does not transfer heat the way aluminum does. The charge tubes are situated directly over the engine and are subject to sever radiant heat. Since silicone is an insulator, heat will not be transferred from the engine/turbo radiant heat to the charge air. Also aluminum tubes generally cannot be formed into the shape that silicone can be.This means that aluminum tubes have to be joined together by silicone couplers. Each coupler adds 2 extra clamps which means two more potential failure/leak points.